It has been said that imitation is the sincerest form of flattery, and it’s a proven fact that some of history’s best ideas were…borrowed…from others. I am not sure if I am borrowing or flattering today, but I will readily admit that what follows are not my own words. I was reading an introduction to the book of James in a new Bible I purchased recently and it was so good I feel compelled to share. This is probably the best exposition about faith that I have ever read. Enjoy, but more importantly, soak the words in and put them into action in your own life. I was convicted by some of these words and intend on putting a better foot forward in an effort to live up to them.
Faith without works cannot be called faith. Faith without works is dead (James 2:26). A dead faith is worse than no faith at all. Faith must work. It must produce. It must be visible. It must inspire action. Verbal faith is not enough. Mental faith is insufficient.
Faith endures trials. Trials come & go but a strong faith will face them head-on and develop endurance. Faith understands temptation and will not allow us to consent to our lust and slide into sin. Faith obeys the Word. It will not merely hear and not do. Faith produces doers. Faith harbors no prejudice. Faith is more than just words, more than knowledge. It is demonstrated by obedience and overtly responds to the promises of God. Faith controls the tongue, a small but immensely powerful part of the body that must be held in check.
Faith acts wisely. It gives us the ability to choose wisdom that is heavenly and to shun wisdom that is earthly. Faith produces separation from the world and submission to God. It provides us with the ability to resist Satan and humbly draw near to God. Faith waits patiently for the coming of the Lord. Through trouble & trial it stifles complaining.
- Hebrews 11:1 For Wonder Woman (recoveredheart.wordpress.com)
- A Life of Faith (victorychurch2943.wordpress.com)
- Is Your Faith Strong? (ptl2010.wordpress.com)
- Importance of Faith (walkonwater727.wordpress.com)
- Faith Sees The Answer (victorychurch2943.wordpress.com)
- False Faith vs. Real Faith (walkonwater727.wordpress.com)
- The Risk of Living Fully (joyofspa.com)
- Faith is Trusting a Person (dmots.wordpress.com)
- Faith or Fear – Which Controls You? (revelationsignofthetimes.wordpress.com)
- Faith… (beardedhac.wordpress.com)